The Truth About In-Grown Hairs
Ingrown hairs are an uncomfortable and unsightly side effect of shaving. They are hairs that have grown sideways or curled inward, and they don’t usually rise from underneath the skin. They’re small, round bumps that can sometimes contain pus, and can darken the skin. People who have tightly curled hair are more apt to get ingrown hairs, but no one is exempt!
Risks of In-Grown Hairs:
Where they Show Up: The Best Way to keep them Away: Both Relax n’ Wax and Tend Skin are available at the Wax Specialists, so please ask your esthetician for details on whether these products are the right fit for your skincare routine.
- They can become infected if you scratch too much (please try to avoid this!)
- Chronic ingrown hairs can sometimes lead to scarring
- For men, they show up along the beard, neck, chest, and back.
- For women, they’re typically around the under arms, legs, and bikini line.
- Maintain a regular waxing schedule. There is no need to worry about which direction you are shaving, or whether or not the blade is dull. Call 603-486-8189 to book your waxing appointment now!
- Use a product like Relax n’ Wax (for women) or Tend Skin (for men) before your regular waxing appointment to help loosen the hair.
- Add Relax n’ Wax or Tend Skin to your daily beauty routine in the form of deodorant or liquid to reduce ingrown hairs between waxings.